Get in quick! The Teacher Earth Science Education Programme (TESEP) will be visiting Emerald to deliver an extensive professional development workshop for teachers in the Central Highlands Queensland.
This is a 2-PD workshop for secondary & upper primary Science teachers, featuring classroom-ready teaching materials and hands-on exercises presented by experienced Earth Scientist educator Philip Sansom.
TESEP’s purpose is to equip teachers with the knowledge, skills, and resources to enhance their teaching capabilities in Earth and Environmental science subjects. This workshop will motivate and up-skill keen educators to confidently teach topics related to Earth and Space science.
Monday 22 August
3:15 pm to 6:00 pm
$30 per person
At Outback Exploratorium, 2/10 Ruby Street
Light supper provided
The session will focus on the following Earth Science topics:
- Find out what critical minerals are and what they contain that is essential for modern technology. Learn about the geological origin of these minerals.
- Covers the materials needed for electric cars, magnets for wind turbines, solar panels, and touch screens.
- For Years 6 to 10 curriculum.
OUR PLACE IN SPACE
- Come on a journey to Mars! Find out about the latest geological discoveries on the surface of Mars and learn about the similarities and differences between Mars and the other planets in the Solar System.
- Covering the geosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and atmosphere – featuring the planets’ and Sun’s influence on Earth.
- Investigating landform comparisons of Earth with images from the Mars Rover.
- For Years 4 to 8 curriculum.
Attendees will be given an ASTA certificate of attendance for both PD topics.